What to Expect
Baystate Health Urgent Care is a walk-in clinic, so an appointment isn’t necessary. However, it is important that you bring a form of photo ID, your insurance card, and your method of payment.
Once you arrive, you can anticipate the following:
- Check-in. When you arrive, check-in with our receptionist. If you have used our online check-in option, you still need to check-in to alert us that you have arrived. Make sure you answer all of the questions on our intake forms, then make yourself comfortable in our waiting room. At this time, we will let you know of your financial responsibilities, if any. We will call your name when it is time to get you ready to see the medical provider. Please remember that we are a first-come, first-served facility.
- Medical visit. When you are called, a member of our staff will lead you to a private exam room. He or she may begin taking your vital signs and preparing for any tests or labs that will be needed for your visit. When the provider comes in, he or she will examine you, listen to your concerns and discuss your results, diagnosis and treatment plan. Any prescriptions or additional tests that can be ordered, will be done through your provider at this time.
- Check-out. Upon leaving, check-out with our staff, who will review your treatment plan and results. Your provider will indicate follow-up steps and whether or not you should be seen again within the next few days to ensure your condition is improving.
- Follow-up. Our staff may call within a few days to check in on your condition. We encourage you to use this call to ask any questions about your recovery process.
IMPORTANT PREPARATION INFORMATION:
- If you are having an emergency, or your symptoms get much worse, please let us know immediately.
- Please make sure to have your insurance card and photo ID ready for the staff when they register you for your visit.
- Payment is expected at the time of your visit. Staff will inform you of the anticipated cost based on your insurance coverage.
- We accept cash, personal checks and all major credit cards as payment for your visit.
- We provide an online check-in option where you can hold a spot in line for added convenience.